Please Log-In to view the whole site. We encourage you to post to the site. Thank You
Please Log-In to view the whole site. We encourage you to post to the site. Thank You
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Join us & Post now!

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Chat Box
Latest topics
» Requirements for New students
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:37 am by mmansueto

» tuition fee
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 pm by Medelyn Bautista

» year 2012........
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 6:55 pm by IdiosYnCrasY

» Anion?
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:12 pm by replica watches

» Sem break
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:11 pm by replica watches

» New Discovered Site
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm by replica watches

» Storm ondoy
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm by replica watches

» Entrance Tests Walkthrough
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 pm by Tired Admin

» Im back without the friend i used to know.
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:35 pm by resstannic

Top posters
alphahydrae
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_vote_lcapIbong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_voting_barIbong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_vote_rcap 
Ching-A-Ling
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_vote_lcapIbong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_voting_barIbong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_vote_rcap 
greenatheart
Tired Admin
poister
CLAMPheaven
rinneColizaE
vanitydoll
Kobato
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Suggestion Box

Advertisements
BWS Forum Visitors
quality statistics

Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)

Go down 
+2
Tired Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Highest Rank
Highest Rank

Number of posts : 293
Section/Title : College
E-Points : 5895
Warning Symbol : Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) Battery-full-64

Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) Empty
PostSubject: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:37 pm

Here's the summary of Part 1

The kingdom of Berbania is ruled by the king, Don Fernando. His wife is Do�a Valeriana and they have three sons (from eldest to youngest): Don Pedro, Don Diego and Don Juan.

Don Fernando's favorite is his youngest son, Don Juan. He falls ill after having a bad dream about his favorite son being attacked by two people before being thrown down a well. None of the healers in the kingdom could cure him. His condition worsens.

One day, an old doctor arrives in the Berbania and says that the illness of Don Fernando, which was brought about by a nightmare, may be cured only by the song of the Adarna bird. This bird can be found on Mt. Tabor, where it perches on the Piedras Platas tree at night. During the daytime, the bird goes off somewhere but it comes back at night to roost, and it sings before it sleeps.

(Piedras Platas is Spanish for "silver stones".)

The old doctor warns that the "Ibong Adarna" is actually an enchantress, and it must be brought back to Berbania immediately to help heal the ailing Don Fernando.

Don Pedro journeys to Mt. Tabor and reaches it after three months. He is mesmerized by the Piedras Platas tree with its leaves shimmering like diamonds. Unfortunately, the Adarna comes late in the evening. Since Don Pedro was tired from the journey, he was asleep by the time the bird perched on the tree.

The Adarna sheds its feathers and sings seven times, poops, and then falls asleep on the tree. The poop lands on the head of the snoring Don Pedro, and instantly turns him to stone.

Twelve months pass with no word from Don Pedro, so Don Diego goes to Mt. Tabor. He suffers the same fate as Don Pedro.

Three years pass, and Don Juan offers to look for his missing brothers as well as the Ibong Adarna. Don Fernando tries to stop his favorite son from leaving, but is convinced by Don Juan.

Don Juan brings five pieces of bread and decides to eat just one piece a month. After four months, he reaches the top of Mt. Tabor where he meets an old leper. The leper begs for alms, and the compassionate Don Juan gives his last piece of bread.

(Nope, not half of the bread similar to that Fita commercial. He gave the whole piece.)

The old leper asks Don Juan what he was doing on Mt. Tabor, so Don Juan tells him. The old leper admonishes Don Juan to listen carefully and follow his advice, lest he turn into stone just like his two older brothers.

Here's the advice:

1. Avoid the beautiful tree and just keep walking until you see a hut.
2. Enter the hut and talk to the old hermit there. He will show you where the bird is.

And here's what the old hermit gave Don Juan:

1. Seven pieces of dayap (some kind of lemon-y fruit)
2. Straight razor blade (labaha)
3. A golden rope

Each time the Ibong Adarna sings, Don Juan will become sleepy. To stay awake, he should use the razor to make a cut on his palm, and then squeeze some dayap juice on the wound. The pain will keep him awake so that he can easily avoid the bird's poop when it finishes its seven songs.

(The Ibong Adarna sleeps with his eyes open and its wings spread apart, so you should give credit to Don Juan for having the guts to climb the tree even though he had several razor cuts.)

The golden cord was used to bind the legs of the Ibong Adarna so that it could not escape.

Don Juan brings the bird to the old hermit who promptly puts it in a cage. He also instructs Don Juan to pour water on the stone figures under the Ibong Adarna's tree. The two older brothers are thus saved, and they are fed by the old hermit.

After the three brothers rest and recover from the ordeal, the old hermit sends them home and advises them not to betray one another.

The two older brothers attack Don Juan on the way home. So much for following good advice, eh?

(This is the end of Part 1)

More here... http://www.viloria.com/secondthoughts/archives/00000805.htm

Last edited by ryukyu on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bwsian.forumotion.com
Highest Rank
Highest Rank

Number of posts : 293
Section/Title : College
E-Points : 5895

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:39 pm

regards to maam cornix... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bwsian.forumotion.com
Tired Admin
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
Tired Admin

Male
Scorpio Rooster
Number of posts : 299
Section/Title : Ex-BWSian
E-Points : 6242

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:08 am

funny video by the way.. hmm..
Back to top Go down
critically ashamed. ™
E-Class
E-Class
critically ashamed. ™

Female
Aquarius Pig
Number of posts : 22
E-Points : 5657

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:53 pm

watta heck?!english version..hahaha.. Laughing regards pod kong ma'am gladys..go ma'am..star class daw ruby... cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
greenatheart
Administrator
Administrator
greenatheart

Female
Leo Rooster
Number of posts : 361
Section/Title : IV-Diamond
E-Points : 5648

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 am

hehehe.nice.nice.
dis.a ra man ni adtong 1st yr mi oi...hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://greenatheart.tumblr.com
Ching-A-Ling
Head Admin
Head Admin
Ching-A-Ling

Female
Aries Dog
Number of posts : 596
Section/Title : IV-Zircon
E-Points : 5819

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:45 pm

[quote="belfre blackraven"y]hehehe.nice.nice.
dis.a ra man ni adtong 1st yr mi oi...hehehe[/quote]

btaw2.. sakto jud ka "belfre blackraven" hehehe
Back to top Go down
greenatheart
Administrator
Administrator
greenatheart

Female
Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:55 pm

pandalover wrote:
[quote="belfre blackraven"y]hehehe.nice.nice.
dis.a ra man ni adtong 1st yr mi oi...hehehe

btaw2.. sakto jud ka "belfre blackraven" hehehe[/quote]

hahaha! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ching-A-Ling
Head Admin
Head Admin
Ching-A-Ling

Female
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:54 pm

sagdi lang.. NOLI napod ta ron! heheh

mana ta ni ibong adarna.. hehe
limot nakos storya ani bah.. hehe
Back to top Go down
greenatheart
Administrator
Administrator
greenatheart

Female
Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 2:41 am

hahaha.lage.past is past yat sa?hahaha
we've got ot move on.hahaha
Back to top Go down
Ching-A-Ling
Head Admin
Head Admin
Ching-A-Ling

Female
Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 pm

hahaha.. korek!
Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) Cesta_128x128
Back to top Go down
greenatheart
Administrator
Administrator
greenatheart

Female
Leo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 pm

hahahaha! I know.!
Back to top Go down
mahou_tsukai
A-Class
A-Class
mahou_tsukai

Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 60
Section/Title : III-Sapphire
E-Points : 5650

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 8:54 pm

weehhh.....
makanosebleed man sad ng tagalog ui...
pero at least gipasabot mi ni maam cornix....
wooot! i love you plz
Back to top Go down
http://otakutown.forum-motion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)   Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ibong Adarna 1st Summary (Intro)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Library :: 1st year shelf-
Jump to: